I have an existing project with Andson Building Certifiers and need to Book an Inspection with you, how do I do that?
You can Book an Inspection on this website by visiting the Booking page, call the office on 9545 4062 or email info@andson.com.au.
If I am buying a house, will you do the building inspection?
No, we certify the construction of new or existing dwellings and are not building or pest inspectors.
If I have not applied for a DA can you still provide me with a Fee Proposal?
Yes, we will require plans to be able to provide you a preliminary Fee Proposal. This proposal will be finalised on review of the Development Consent and approved plans.
I have a pool and I am not sure if it is registered, how do I find out?
You can check the NSW Swimming Pool Register to confirm if your pool is registered – www.swimmingpoolregister.nsw.gov.au.
What do I do if I find I am not on the register of compliant pools?
You can log on to the swimming pool register or contact your local council.
Do you do Complying Development Certificates?
This is an area that Andson Building Certifiers will become involved with in the near future.
Why do I have to complete so many forms?
Each of these forms serve a different purpose.

The Construction Certificate application form is to issue the Construction Certificate.

The Notice of Commencement is to advise council of when work will commence.

The Principal Certifying Authority agreement form is to engage a private certifier (Andson Building Certifiers).
What is the difference between DA stamped plans & Architectural plans for the Construction Certificate?
DA stamped plans are provided by council when the Development Consent has been approved.

If there are no conditions imposed by council within the development consent which require amended drawings, the DA stamped plans may be used for the Construction Certificate (pending BCA compliance).

However an amended ‘Construction Certificate’ set of architectural drawings will be required if the Council has included conditions of consent which require changes and/or additional information on the drawings prior to the Construction Certificate being issued.
What is Home Building Compensation Fund?
A builder must take out insurance under the Home Building Compensation Fund (HBCF, previously Home Warranty Insurance) for any residential home building work valued at over $20,000.
If I am not using a licenced builder how do I obtain an Owner Builder Permit?
For works over $10,000 in value an application to the Department of Fair Trading www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au must be made for an Owner Builder permit.

For works over $20,000, you must provide evidence that you have met the owner-builder education requirement to the Department of Fair Trading.
You will need to provide a copy of your Owner Builder Permit for the Construction Certificate.
Why do I have to pay Long Service Levy?
The NSW Government has put a levy on all building and construction work in NSW. The levy is payable on work valued at $25,000 or more (inclusive of GST). Current levy rate is 0.35%.
What are Security Deposits and Section 7.11 Contributions (previously Section 94)
The security deposit is paid to council to cover against damage that may be caused to council property during construction works. It is advisable to prepare a dilapidation report including photos as evidence of the condition of the council property prior the Construction Certificate being issued and work commencing.

The Section 7.11 Contribution (previously Section 94) is a levy imposed by council as a contribution toward the provision and/or improvement of local amenities and services.
Why is Dial Before You Dig (DBYD) necessary?
Dial Before You Dig is a FREE national referral service designed to assist in preventing damage and disruption to infrastructure, it is a single point of contact to request information about any infrastructure networks. Please provide a copy of Enquiry confirmation sheet/summary cover page.

Contact your local private building certifier today